Promote Creativity and Creative Learning in Young Children
Unit 082 - Promote creativity and creative learning in young children
Understand the concepts of creativity and creative learning and how these affect all aspects of young children’s learning and development.
1.1 Analyze the differences between creative learning and creativity.
1.2 Explain current theoretical approaches to creativity and creative learning in early childhood.
1.3 Critically analyze how creativity and creative learning can support young children’s emotional, social, intellectual, communication and physical development
Analyze the differences between creative learning and creativity.
Creative learning is about how children are actively involved in their own learning, and their ability to …show more content…
They feel collaborative working has these key characteristics:
• Motivation for learning
• Bringing the curriculum to life
• Greater involvement in decision making
• New ways for learners to engage in a subject.
The Qualifications Curriculum Assessment (QCA: Creativity, Find It and Promote It 2005), promotes creativity as an integral part of all national curriculum subjects and identifies characteristics of creative learning as;
• Questioning and challenging conventions and assumptions.
• Making inventive connections and associating things that aren’t usually related.
• Envisaging what might be: imagining seeing things in mind’s eye.
• Trying alternative and fresh approaches, keeping options open.
• Reflecting critically on ideas, action and outcomes.
These characteristics and abilities have shown to lead to a sense of purpose, achievement of strengths, talents and interests, self-respect and a sense of belonging.
There are many theoretical approaches to creativity and creative learning these are nature verses nurture this could mean that people are born with it or they learn it from life or other people. Some people believe that children will learn from watching other people this is called role modelling. Many may believe that creativity is a progress, this means that creativity will follow a pattern to make it happen, this will also help to build upon skills that will emerge. The cultural approach means