1.1 – Analyse the differences between creative learning and creativity
Creative learning is about how children are actively involved in their own learning and their ability to make choices and decisions. This can be achieved by providing a creative environment, allowing exploration through play and praising the child’s creative efforts. Creative learning is about helping children develop imaginative thinking through exploration of materials, objects and problem solving skills like ICT. It is also about giving children opportunities to make connections between different areas and to relate to them. Some creative learning activities may be goal orientated like the …show more content…
• Motivation for learning
• Bringing the curriculum to life
• Greater involvement in decision making
• New ways for learners to engage in a subject
The Qualifications Curriculum Assessment (QCA: Creativity, Find It and Promote It 2005), promotes creativity as an vital part of all national curriculum subjects and identifies characteristics of creative learning as;
• Questioning and challenging conventions and assumptions
• Making imaginative connections and associating things that aren’t usually related
• Visualizing what might be: imagining seeing things in mind’s eye
• Trying alternative and fresh approaches, keeping options open
• Reflecting critically on ideas, action and outcomes
These characteristics and abilities have shown to lead to a sense of purpose, achievement of strengths, talents and interests, self-respect and a sense of belonging.
1.3 – Critically analyse how creativity and creative learning can support young children’s emotional, social, intellectual, communication and physical development
Creativity and creative learning can support children’s development in a number of ways. Emotionally they learn how to manage frustration if something is not going to plan and they feel happy and proud and a sense of achievement when something is completed by them.
Socially children can build up self-confidence by working with others or alongside them; to make