Marketing Strategies of Mcdonalds in India
Marketing is a procedure of attracting prospective customers and consumers in your products and services. However the crucial word in the above sentence is “procedure ", hence marketing incorporates researching, advertising, selling, and distributing your products or services. Hence we planned to focus on one of the best known brands worldwide, McDonald’s Corporation. The following executive summary presents the key marketing aspects of McDonald’s Corporation and should be read as a complement to the contents of this report.
• Key facts about the firm.
• External environment forces and consumer behaviour.
• The concept of Marketing mix and its various aspects.
• …show more content…
1) Product (Features, Quality, Quantity): McDonalds aims to create standardized set of items, that taste same everywhere. But along with this it concentrates on localization by adapting to local tastes, customs, customer preferences etc. For example, McDonalds changed the ingredients of its ‘French Fries’ after it protested that it was made out of the oil from beef. This was done as Cow is considered sacred among Hindus in India. McDonalds has a variety of products specially made for the Indian market. Some of them are Vegetable McNuggets, Mutton based Maharaja Mac (as Hindus do not eat beef and Muslims do not eat pork). Apart from all these its menu includes beverages, frozen desserts and breakfasts combos.
2) Place (Location, Number of Outlets): McDonalds follows concept of standardization in component of place also. The ambience and outlook all restaurants are the same. The reasons why most of its outlets in India are in Malls, shopping complexes, famous street markets is its locating strategies. It has over 130 outlets in 34 cities all over India.
3) Price (Strategy, Determinants, Levels): In India McDonalds has set prices on the basis of the prices of its nearest organized competitors. For example, initially it set price in New Delhi on the basis of the price of Nirula’s, its biggest competitor in that area.( Vignali, 2001) This way it attracted the customers, as