Chapter Study Questions 1 & 2
90% of the population now lives in crowed cities and suburbs.
2. Name the three cities in Texas that are three of the largest in US? 2
Houston, San Antonio and Dallas
3. What are the three diverse economic businesses in Texas? 4
Oil and gas producer now work alongside high-tech companies, telecommunications giants, and other important business sectors.
4. In what areas does Texas consistently rank at the bottom in state spending compared to other states? 4
Texas consistently ranks near the bottom of the states in spending on education, welfare, and healthcare for poor.
5. Is Texas a high-tax, high-business regulatory state or is it low-tax, low-regulatory? 4 …show more content…
Moralistic subculture is a view that government’s primary reasonability is to promote the public welfare and should actively use its authority and power to improve the social and economic well-being of its citizens. The Moralistic subculture regards politics as one of the great activities of a man in his search for the good society. 14. Describe the traditionalistic subculture in terms of government size, assistance, politics, and primary goals? 10 a view that political power should e concentrated in the hands of a few elite citizens who belong to established families or influential social groups. Public policy basically serves the interests of this small group. The traditionalistic subculture holds the view that there is a hierarchical arrangement to the political order. This hierarchy serves to limit the power and influence of general public, while allocating authority to few individuals who comprise self-perpetuating elites.
15. In what states or colonies did you originally find these three subcultures and what two best describe Texas? 10
16. How big is the Native American population in Texas and of the three remaining groups, do they have the right to have casinos? 11
Alabama-Coushatta, Tigua and Kickappo are the three small Native American groups that live on reservations in Texas. And the Native American population is less than one-half of 1 percent of the States total population. They have been denied the