Phi227 Exam Review 02
883 words 4 pages1. In the paternalistic model of doctor-patient relationship, power resident exclusively with Doctors; in the engineering model, it resides entirely with Patients.
2. In the engineering model of doctor-patient relationship, the doctor’s job is to provide technical information.
3. Among the advantages of the collegial model of doctor-patient relationship are the following:
a. Share decision making.
b. Trust of the relationship.
4. There are three kinds of incompetent patients:
a. Patients who are used to be competent are not longer competent, but they expressed their wishes before becoming incompetent.
b. Patients who are used to be competent are not longer competent did not express their wishes, but their values/ principles/ …show more content…
II. Chapter 7
21. A physician’s duty to report vital event is called public duty.
22. A coroner or health official must sign a death certificate for any death occurring less than twenty-four hours after hospital admission.
23. An inquest is an investigation if a death is from an unknown or violent cause.
24. Employees, in daycare, healthcare, and food services are more carefully monitored by public health department for
25. Some statutes impose criminal liability on a person who is an HIV carrier and knowingly engages in activities that could spread the virus to others.
26. Probable cause is a reasonable belief that something improper has happened.
27. A protective court order that prohibits an abuser from coming into contact with a victim is called a restraining/ protective order.
28. A violation of controlled substances laws is a criminal offense.
29. Evidence that is gathered in an abuse case must have a clear chain of custody.
30. Scheduled V drugs have a low potential for abuse.
II. Chapter 10.
30- 32. Confidentiality about sensitive information is necessary to preserve the patient’s dignity. Third party payers such as insurance companies, Medicare, and Medicaid need to have the patient’s diagnosis revealed in order to receive payment.
33. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 is known as the Administrative