Outcome 1 understand roles and responsibilities in the prevention and control of infections
1.1 Explain employees’ roles and responsibilities in relation to the prevention and control of infection
* To ensure that their own health and hygiene does not pose a risk to service users and colleagues.
* To ensure effective hand washing is carried out when working with service users, giving personal care, handling/preparing food.
* To ensure they use protective clothing provided when needed and appropriate.
* Attend relevant courses
* Report any hazards that could lead to infection
1.2 Explain employers …show more content…
5.5 Describe employees’ responsibilities regarding the use of PPE
* It is the responsibility of the employee to ensure they take reasonable care to protect their own health and safety and that of their co-workers and other persons in or near the work place * Report to management any potential hazards or risks that they identify in their work environment * Participate in appropriate training provided by their employer
5.6 Describe employers’ responsibilities regarding the use of PPE
* To ensure suitable and appropriate PPE is provided and that it is appropriate for the risk or risks involved and the conditions where it will be used * To carry out the assessment on the suitability of the PPE * To maintain and/or replace PPE as necessary * To provide information, training and instruction for all employees enabling them to make proper use of PPE
5.7 Describe the correct practice in the application and removal of PPE
Application- * Clean your hands * Put on mask and goggles (if needed) * Put on gown/apron * Finally put on your gloves
Removal- remove the most heavily contaminated items first * Peel off gown and gloves and roll inside out, dispose of gown and gloves safely * Perform hand hygiene * Remove goggles and mask from behind * Perform hand hygiene
5.8 Describe the correct procedure for disposal of used PPE
* Appropriate waste disposal