Ncfe Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity Unit 1: Exploring Equality and Diversity
Unit 1: Exploring Equality and Diversity
You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk
• Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly
• When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference
• Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Name: Dagnija Kirsakmene
1. What is meant by diversity?
Each other …show more content…
To teach a person to be culturally aware and open-minded, we have to put our biases aside, automatically we become a role models.
4. Boosts creativity
If a country does not appreciate multiculturalism, then it is likely that the citizens would be alike with regards to beliefs and also actions. In addition, creativity would also be limited while the society would probably be boring. Nevertheless, having a diverse mixture of cultures and people inspires people to think differently and enhances their creativity. They become less alike and boring.
5. Economic gains.
Critics have claimed that immigrants take on jobs, lower down wages, and drain too much tax money because of social services. However, what they do not realize that the jobs immigrants take are the job most citizens in the host country do not take. Immigrants filling up these jobs lighten the load of producers and consumers, and results in gains in economic welfare. It is a fact that immigrants are a source of low cost labour, but these cost reductions are eventually passed on to the consumer, so host country citizens benefit from this as well. The goods produced through the efforts of immigrant workers can also generate additional profits as the goods can be sold at lower price
4. Give some examples to explain how diversity:
• Enhances your