1. A car traveling at 22.4 m/s skids to a stop in 2.55 s. Determine the skidding distance of the car (assume uniform acceleration). 2. A bike accelerates uniformly from rest to a speed of 7.10 m/s over a distance of 35.4 m. Determine the acceleration of the bike. 3. An engineer is designing the runway for an airport. Of the planes which will use the airport, the lowest acceleration rate is likely to be 3 m/s2. The takeoff speed for this plane will be 65 m/s. Assuming this minimum acceleration, what is the minimum allowed length for the runway? 4. If basketball player has a vertical leap of 1.29 m, then what is his takeoff speed and his hang time (total time to move …show more content…
Do you have to move away from your initial position for you not to lose points? Or you can just stay in place, he will not hit you anyway.
C. Target is Lower than Launch point
1. You are located uphill, 4m high. Your target is located downhill at a horizontal distance of 50 m. You have fired at an angle of 350, the bullet’s initial velocity is 170m/s. Will you be able to hit the target? Without changing the initial velocity and the hang time of the bullet, at what angle should you aim the gun for you to hit the target?
2. Your opponent is at a vertical distance of 200 m from you and at a horizontal distance of 70 m away from you. He has fired his cannon at an angle of 250, with an initial velocity of 50m/s. Do you have to move away from your initial position for you not to lose points? Or you can just stay in place, he will not hit you anyway.
3. A soccer ball is kicked horizontally off a 22.0-meter high hill after 3s it lands a distance of 35.0 meters from the edge of the hill. What is the initial velocity of the soccer ball? D. Projectile Dropped from a Moving System
1. A rescue plane wants to drop package isolated mountain climbers on a rocky ridge 235 m below. If the plane is traveling horizontally with a speed of 70m/s. How far in advance of the recipients (horizontal distance) must the goods be dropped? What is the velocity of the package upon reaching the ground?
2. Your avatar is not moving,