Bleach and Child
2.1 How to ensure food safety: Food safety depends on sanitation
1. Personnel and especially food handlers - must meet health standards and take great care to maintain a high level of personal health. - Hands should be washed thoroughly before handling food. - Injuries on hands covered with waterproof plasters. - Use gloves and hair nets.
2. Safe food handling techniques should be practised.
3. Keep kitchen and kitchen equipment clean and sanitised.
4. Food service area …show more content…
Staff should take turns, during practices, to control various activities so that if one staff member is absent, the plan will still work.
In addition all staff must know:
-the location of the electricity mains
-location of water mains
-the exit and evacuation routs
-predetermined assembly areas
-location and use of first aid kits
-the location and use of fire extinguishers
5. Have all emergency numbers readily available usually the the principal/ supervisor or secretary will be responsible for notifying the authorities.
6. Two different signals should be required to know when to evacuate and when to shelter
7. The school should have a hosepipe which long enough to reach all parts of the building
8. Teacher should know which children are absent in the event of an emergency
9. List with children with health conditions who require special attention
10. Contact should be made in advance with any homes or business who can help in a crisis
11. For incase children need to be kept overnight have the following ready:
-blankets and mattresses
-24 hour supply of water
-gas stove for heating food or boiling water
-household bleach for water purification
3.2 Symptoms that may indicate that a child has a hearing problem: (5) Baby: 1. Absence of startle response to loud noise 2. Failure to stop crying (after three months) when adult talks to baby 3. Failure to turn head in direction of sound by