Public Relations Notes
Study Guide 1. All of the following are to be considered when making ethical decisions in public relations EXCEPT: * Ethical decisions are based on: the public interest, employer or client, * professional organization code of ethics and personal values.
2. Which demographic group is the largest consumer of television, magazines, books, and newspapers? * Baby Boomers
3. “Respecting all opinions and supporting the right of free speech” is connected to which PRSA core value? * Fairness
4. According to Cabot’s Foundational Principles, “Clarity is more important than... * Cleverness
5. Critics often complain that PRSA’s code of ethics is …show more content…
________ has the strongest emotional impact of any mass media. * T.V.
29. According to Cabot’s Foundational Principles, “Be a bridge, not a... * Barrier
30. According to Kim Hunter, president of Lagrant Communications, messages about economic development, home ownership, and financial literacy have particular resonances among which ethnic audience? * African-American
31. All of the following are PRSA code provisions EXCEPT: * * Free flow of info * Competition * Disclosure of info * Safeguarding Confidence * Conflicts of Interest * Enhancing the Profession
32. A general characteristic of the American public is that * * Diverse * Use of Technology * Visual Orientation * Support for Single Issues * Emphasis on personality * Expanding International Audiences * Distrust of Authority * Celebrity
33. Which demographic group has been labeled the “E-Generation”? * Generation Y
34. Which of the following describes mass media before the advent of the Internet? * Centralized * Top Down * Costly to Publish * Controlled by Pro gatekeepers (editors & publishers) * 7 way feedback channels
35. All of the following describe new media EXCEPT: