PERSONAL ND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT Unit Title:
Personal and Professional Development
Personal Swot Analysis
Module Leader: Joy Meme
No of students:
1.Understanding of the use and concept of a Personal SWOT Analysis
2.Completion of a Personal SWOT Analysis
3.Reading and discussion of the article-“How to Lead When the Generation Gap Becomes Your Everyday Reality” by Izzy Gesell
Learning Outcomes (upon successful completion, students should be able to):
Conduct a self-assessment inventory by doing a personal SWOT.
Communicate ideas in an …show more content…
Introduce the concept of a Personal Development Plan.
2. Enable students to identify and evaluate personal targets
3. Enable students to distinguish between short and long-term objectives
4. Completion of part one of a Personal Development Plan
5. Introduce stages of reflective process and encourage students to apply it to their PDP and writing a reflective statement
Learning Outcomes (upon successful completion, students should):
1. Be able to devise and complete a Personal Development Plan
2. Be aware of both short and long-term objectives
3. Have used input from lecturer and peers to establish the best Objectives, Success Criteria, Actions and Implementation involved in an effective PDP.
4. Understand stages of reflection process
5. Understand the concept of a reflective learning statement.
Previous knowledge assumed:
Some knowledge of own personal strengths and weaknesses in academic context
Materials and equipment required:
PPT presentation, Model Personal Development Plan, Blank Personal Development Plan sheets, Case Study and