The Main Current Legislation Guidelines Policies and Procedures Within Own Uk Home Nation for Safeguarding Children and Young People.
Children’s order 2005
• Simplify laws that protected children and young people in respective UK countries.
• Seen as a serious shake up to children rights and protection
• Made it clear to everyone that worked with children what their duties were
• Shows them how to work together when there is allegations of child abuse
Children’s act 2004
• In 2003 it was clear services for children still weren’t working or communicating together this was flagged up because of the tragic death of Victoria Climbie
• The organisation need to support and protect vulnerable children in the society
• The lambing …show more content…
Lessons that are learned from serious case reviews usually include the importance of:
• communication and sharing information
• clear roles and planning
• overcoming the problems of hard to reach families
• keeping an accurate timeline of events
• good assessment of the child’s situation
• early recognition of children in need of protection by mainstream services such as schools or health services
• partnership working with agencies that parents may be receiving services from
A public inquiry is usually held after a serious incident. Members of the public and different organisations sometimes will give evidence and also listen to oral evidence that is given by others. The findings of the inquiry are produced as a written report, given first to the government and soon after published to the public. The report usually makes recommendations to improve the management of public organisation in the future.
• The creation of a children and families board chaired by a senior government minister to coordinate policies and initiatives that