Unit 1 Equality and Diversity Ncfe
3749 words 15 pagesNCFE Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity
Unit 1: Exploring Equality and Diversity
You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk
• Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly
• When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference
• Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
1. What is meant by diversity?
Diversity means that people are different and varied. It means that a lot of people …show more content…
5. Describe what it means to respect people’s differences and why it is important to respect differences.
Other people’s differences should be respected as everyone has a right to be different. You don’t have to agree with what the other person believes in or thinks, but you don’t have to argue or disagree as everyone can feel and think what they like. It is important to respect differences, as these are what make us unique. And by respecting differences an environment is created where you can be who you want and what you want without being unaccepted. It also is important as this can help to prevent fights and arguments in the community and to help people to get on and be understanding of one another. Another point is that there is no two people in the world who are the same and if there was then the world would become boring and everyone who do the same things every day.
6. For a person you know, describe the individual factors that make him / her who they are.
|Defining factors |Brief description |
|Physical characteristics |He has a birthmark on his arm, brown hair, blue eyes and he is |
| |5ft11. He is a size 9 show