Internal Entrepreneurship at the Dow Chemical Co.
The Dow Chemical Company was a leader company in science and technology, offering plastic and agriculture products in 2002. However, from 1995, Dow Chemical Company had ever lost its profit for several years especially in 1998. Dow Chemical Company tried to stop the decreasing so that it launched an initiative ‘E-epoxy.com venture’ in 2000. The purpose of this project was earning more small customers and spot market customers to increase the market shares.
1. Epoxy was a specialty, high margin business. The top 20% of its global customers have generated 80% of its revenue. Dow Chemical Company can take this advantage to expand the business oversea.
2. Epoxy was a creative online channel in the market. It was very …show more content…
2. In order to do something dramatic to push home the importance of his venture, Telford started a rumor via E-mail in the market. Although no one really condemned this event, that didn’t mean nobody would argue on day. Telford created a potential bomb for company.
3. Dow Chemical Company has less experience to manage website. Dow Chemical Company might waste money in a wrong way to operate E-epoxy.com. However, other competitors can learn Dow Chemical Company’s experience and avoid failure in the market.
1. Dow Chemical Company needs to improve its website day by day to fit customers’ new needs. Moreover, Dow Chemical Company can build up other service at the same time. For example, Dow Chemical Company can mimic what it did on EpiCenter. Dow Chemical Company can create a specific contact phone number for customers to contact with sales immediately. Customers can get information from website or phone service.
2. Dow Chemical Company could offer more discounts on the website to inspire the sales. If Dow Chemical Company want to higher the price for distributors, Dow Chemical Company should offer something new and only available for distributors to attract them make orders.
3. Dow Chemical Company needs a well-organized strategy group for incoming international business. Because of the cultural difference, local