WGU Study Questions IDC1
3000 words 12 pages1. A Likert scale (/ˈlɪkərt/) is a psychometric scale commonly involved in research that employs questionnaires. It is the most widely used approach to scaling responses in survey research, such that the term is often used interchangeably with rating scale, or more accurately the Likert-type scale. One of the most common scale types is a Likert scale. A Likert scale is commonly used to measure attitudes, knowledge, perceptions, values, and behavioral changes. A Likert-type scale involves a series of statements that respondents may choose from in order to rate their responses to evaluative questions
2. Data from Likert scales and continuous (e.g. 1-10) rating scales are quantitative. Allows you to measure their feeling on a scale of 1 …show more content…
An example is shown below.
The instructional design process consists of....
1. Identification of a problem that you believe instruction will help to improve
2. Needs analysis to learn more about the target population and the need for instruction (needs analysis)
3. Goal statement that identifies the desired state of how you want your target population to perform after your instructional unit.
4. Learner analysis to learn more about unique characteristics of the learners so you can build your instructional strategies to accommodate these special learners.
5. Task analysis (also referred to as a goal analysis or instructional analysis chapters 3 and 4 of Dick and Carey). The task analysis identifies all of the content, knowledge and skills that you must teach in order to accomplish the goal of instruction.
6. Then the performance objectives that are the learning statements of what students will learn as identified in the task/goal analysis.
7. Your assessments are then the evaluation of how well the student has learned the performance objectives and the tasks identified in the task analysis.
Needs assessment conducted to obtain information about a problem or a need in education or business.-educational need is the situation that occurs when student performance is below what is specified in a behavioral objective or state standards
•Is there a need for instruction, or can the problem be solved by some other intervention?
•What instruction should be