Tata Nano Case Study
2.0 MAIN REASONS FOR TATA TO ENTER GLOBAL ULTRA LOW COST MARKET 2.1 MARKET DISTRIBUTION PIE CHART
3.0 What are the competitive advantages that TATA Motors will enjoy with their NANO in emerging markets 3.1 RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT 3.2 Acquisitions, Mergers & Expansions. 3.3 ORGANISATION LOCATION
4.0 WHICH SCREENING CRITERIA WOULD YOU SUGGEST FOR TATA NANO’S IMS PROCESS 4.1 POLITICAL 4.2 ECONOMIC 4.3 SOCIAL 4.4 TECHNOLOGICAL
5.0 Which world regions and specific countries would you suggest Tata Nano should enter after India and china 5.1 SALES FORCAST CHART
1.0 …show more content…
Tata Motors is in Mega expansion mode always growing and expanding their market and the main way they perform this is through M&A. It further helps them to enter in highly desirable mature markets.
•In September 2004 Tata became the 1st company to gets its name in the list of New York stock exchange.
•Tata had purchased the south Korean largest making company in 2004 , the company was named as Daewoo and which had later changed its name to Tata Daewoo. Today two third od heavy commercial vehicles out of South Korea are from Tata Daewoo.
• The Tata group has also acquired a quarter stake i.e. 21% in a Spanish company Hisoana Carrocera which is one of the most reputable company in Spain and later on it acquired the rest of the stake in 2009.
• In 2006 , the company came up with a joint venture with Brazilian company Marcopolo , a global leader in body building for buses and coaches.
• In 2006 ,company made an another joint venture with a Thailand’s company named Thonburi Automotive to market Tata’s Motors vehicle in Thailand.
• Tata motors made a joint venture with an African company which has its Assembly plant at Rosslyn in South Africa and it was thereafter named as Tata Africa Holding (pty) Ltd.
• Acquisition of Jaguar & Landover the two iconic British brand acquires in year 2008. Jaguar had 3 manufacturing plants and 2 state of art