Summarise the Laws and Codes of Practice Affecting Work in Schools.
• Human Rights Act 1998 – is an Act that gives legal effect in the UK to certain fundamental rights and freedoms contained in …show more content…
This Act gives disabled people rights in the areas of:
- access to goods, facilities and services
- buying or renting land or property
The Act also allows the government to set minimum standards so that disabled people can use public transport easily.
• Equality Act 2010 – supports professionals who may be discriminated against age, disability, race, religion, belief, gender and sexual orientation. The Act identifies direct and indirect discrimination.
• Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 – Teachers must understand the importance of Health and Safety Act (1974). The act suggests that all workers are entitled to work in a safe environment where risks are properly assessed and managed. It establishes the frame-work for ensuring the safety of all employees at work this act also cover the health and safety of all other person who may be affected by Work activities e.g. pupils, students, visitors, parent and contractors. In section two of this legislation a duty is place on the employer to ensure the health and safety and welfare of all employees in practicable situations.