Discussion on Quality Assurance
Q1) Explain the regulations and requirements for internal quality assurance in own area of practice. 1.4 “Centre staff should familiarise themselves with the structure, content and assessment requirements of the qualifications before designing a course programme. Centres may design course programmes of study in any way which:
• best meets the needs and capabilities of their candidates
• satisfies the requirements of the qualifications.
When designing and delivering the course programme, centres might wish to incorporate other teaching and learning that is not assessed as part of the qualifications. This might include the following:
• literacy, language and/or numeracy
• personal learning and …show more content…
ASSESSOR RECORD KEEPING – this is to make sure the assessor is completing the correct paperwork or uploading the online systems used which links to the IV plan.
Q3) Summarise the types of feedback, support and advice that assessors may need to maintain and improve the quality of assessment. 4.1
That feedback should be:
• aimed at assessors and not learners – not to confuse as the piece of work is from the candidate, but you are looking at how the assessor has marked the work
• clear – leaving no ambiguity, it should be easy to understand, no jargon and based on facts
• honest – identifying both the strengths and weaknesses of the assessors practice e.g. good you noticed the criteria included relevant illustrations, however you could have suggested they provide an index ………
• specific and detailed – this can be related to the paperwork used and to use a checklist to match the criteria.
• direct - stating what is good practice, acknowledge what they have done well and/or what needs to be changed. Perhaps you may not agree on the decision of the grade and the assessor either has to up-grade or down-grade or ask the student to submit further work to meet the criteria.
• positive and constructive – identify the good points but giving guidance of how