unit 1 understanding the principles and practices of assessment
1. Explain the functions of assessment in learning and development
Assessment is to judge someone against set criteria to establish whether they are capable to perform a particular activity/job. Assessments can take many different forms i.e. assignments, oral and written questions or professional discussion all of which help to demonstrate the knowledge the individual has developed through learning, these all support the decision of whether the individual is competent or not.
2. Define the following four key concepts and principles of assessment
Validity – the work submitted is appropriate and relevant to the unit.
Authenticity – is the piece of work pure or genuine and …show more content…
2. Copies of assessment plans and evaluations of feedback on their performance as the learner can apply all feedback to their ‘job role’ and this again allows all people involved in the assessment process to see the learning and development of the individual.
14. Explain how self-evaluation and peer evaluation can be used effectively to promote learner involvement and personal responsibility in the assessment process
Self – evaluation can be an effective tool as a learner can reflect back and see how their attitude has changed over a certain period of time. It shows the learner the range of activities they are able to carry out which encourages the learner to continually progress. Peer – evaluation acts slightly different as you are given another person’s opinion, this can be used as a reflective tool to show ways in which improvements can be made or ways in which you are on the right track with what you are currently doing. Peer-evaluation allows the learner to identify strength and weaknesses of their own work.
15. Give two examples of how assessment arrangements could be adapted to meet the needs of individual learners.
Other means of communication or technology can be used to meet the needs of