Demonstration Presentation Outline - Self Defense
1) Topic: Self-Defense techniques
2) Specific Purpose: To teach my audience history about self-defense, also how to execute three primary self-defense techniques to escape an attack. A. To provide a knowledgeable history of self-defense that is applicable in modern day situations.
B. To explain to my audience the individual body parts that anyone can use as weapons to inflict the most damage. C. To explain to my audience the target areas of the body most vulnerable to serious injury that you should try to hit.
3) Thesis: The audience will learn how to execute three primary self -defense techniques using three individual body parts as weapons to …show more content…
1. The knees are the part of the body between the upper and lower leg. Leg muscles are some of the largest muscles in the body.
2. Knees provide excellent short rang arrack with little training needed
3. In contrast, kicks require more training and the fine bones in the foot and ankles are susceptible to injury.
4. Damage to a foot or ankle makes escape difficult
5. Knees strike are most effective in close proximity to the target
6. Groin strikes are an excellent target when using a knee strike.
C. Hands (palm) 1 The palm strike uses the area of the hand most protected from injury during a strike.
2. The palm strike when used as a striking weapon provides a formidable weapon.
3. This body weapon incorporates several muscle groups in a short distance. The power from the larger muscles in the arm, shoulder and back augment the success of the strike.
4. Palm strikes can be delivered to the face of the attacker.
5. Specific areas include the nose, keck, and chin.
6. The technique uses a stiff arm enable the defender to gain distance.
III. Individual vulnerable target areas.
A.1. The groin is