Contribute to Health and Safety in Health and Social Care ( Hsc 027)
1. Identify legislation relating to general health and safety in a health or social care work setting.
Legislations/codes of practice relating to general health and safety in a health or social care work setting are: The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974; Riddor 1995, COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health); Manual Handling operations regulations 1992; Health And Safety (First aid regulations 1981); Fire protection (Workplace) Regulations 1997; Food Safety Act 1990; Personal Protective Equipment and Management of Health and safety at work regulations 1999.
2. Describe the main points …show more content…
Outcome 5 – Be able to move and handle equipment and other objects safely
1. Identify legislation that relates to moving and handling
* Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 (HSWA) * Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 (MHOR) (as amended 2002) * Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 * Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER) * Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
2. Explain principles for moving and handling equipment and other objects safely
The principles for moving and handling equipment and other objects safely is to follow good practice when moving and positioning individuals/objects, to think about the task in hand, to ensure the individuals safety and that you are competent in the task you are performing, consider how heavy the object/individual is that you are moving, and to consider your environment and all the hazards around you. To follow risk assessments, to consider your posture (bend