General Motors Corp. (NYSE: GM), is the world's largest automaker and has been the annual global industry sales leader for 76 years. In 2006, nearly 9.1 million GM cars and trucks were sold globally under the following brands: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, GM Daewoo, Holden, HUMMER, Opel, Pontiac, Saab, Saturn and Vauxhall.
GM is primarily engaged in the worldwide development, production, and marketing of automobiles, consisting of cars and trucks. GM develops, manufactures, and markets vehicles worldwide through four automotive regions: GM North America (GMNA), GM Europe (GME), GM Latin America/Africa/Mid-East (GMLAAM), and GM Asia Pacific (GMAP).
The growth and profitability priorities for the future are …show more content…
We will take these points into consideration when developing our marketing strategy.
Transitioning back to the Volt, objectives are important to clarify and set targets that ought to be achieved by the planned actions. Objectives exist on three levels; Corporate, marketing and communication. Corporate objective can be summarized as maximizing shareholder wealth and is ultimately achieving higher profits and increased sales. Marketing objectives are the successful introduction of a new car to the market. Communication activities play the most important role in tying everything together as they must coordinate with all other company activities (production, sales, purchasing, etc). Listed below are the campaign objectives for the Chevrolet Volt.
• Strengthening the consumer relationship with the Chevrolet brand.
• Increase the consideration for Chevrolet when planning a new car purchase.
• The target market should be reached to its fullest extent.
• Consumers have to be made aware this new product and its brand name.
• Being a new product with a new technology, a prime objective is to educate consumers and explain the features and benefits of the Volt.
• Target markets should be excited about the release of the Volt and spread word of mouth.
• Communications should motivate consumers to find out more