Assignment 2.3 - Celta
1: A rationale for your choice of text based on interest and usefulness. Do not provide a rationale based on discrete grammatical or lexical items.
(Text is provided at Appendix 1)
“A student finishing an Elementary course should be able to do or know the following:
• talk about past time
• make future plans or arrangements
• describe people using simple adjectives
• describe places sing simple adjectives
• express his/her hopes or intentions
• ask people to do something for them
• cope in simple social situations (e.g. talk about the weather, describe simple physical problems, give advice
• listen to natural speech and …show more content…
I would like to finish this lesson with a class speaking activity(discussion)- one of the types of speaking activities. Follow up with a whole-class discussion on the following questions which are attached as Appendix 3. The aim of this task is for students to discuss their own job searching experience via media e.g newspaper in a free-speaking activity.
a. What did you learn about jobs in the UK?
b. Do you have job advertisements in your country?
c. Have you tried looking for a job using the newspaper?
The students will be monitored to ensure everyone has understood, is speaking, is using English, and doesn’t have any problem. I will try to help the quiet students and guide them back to join in the discussion.
I will allow enough time to get some feedback using either of this method :
• One group could tell another group what they have discussed
• Select certain students to give some feedback.
Finally, any correction to the students’ feedback will be done after the activity has finished.
CHOICE OF TEXT: A COMPLETE SET OF ADVERTISEMENTS FROM A LOCAL NEWSPAPER
1ST TASK : VOCABULARY