70-410 R2 Lab 1
This lab contains the following exercises and activities:
Performing a Clean Installation
Installing Windows Server Migration Tools (WSMT)
Accessing a WSMT Distribution Point
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
The lab environment consists of computers connected to a local area network. The computers required for this lab are listed in Table 1-1.
Computers Required for Lab 1
Server for migration
Windows Server 2008 R2
In addition to the computers, you also require the software listed in Table 1-2 to complete Lab 1.
Software Required for Lab 1
Location …show more content…
6. Click Next to accept the default Role-based or feature-based installation type. The Select destination server page appears.
7. Click Next to accept the default settings, which install the selected roles and features to the local server. The Select server roles page appears.
8. Click Next to continue. The Select features page appears (see Figure 1-2).
The Select features page of the Add Roles and Features Wizard
9. Select the Windows Server Migration Tools check box and click Next. The Confirm installation selections page appears.
10. Click Install. The wizard installs the Windows Server Migration Tools feature.
11. When the installation is completed, click Close. The wizard closes.
12. To install the Windows Server Migration Tools on SERVERC, the source server in the migration, you must create a distribution folder on SERVERA and populate it with the installation files for the tools. To create a distribution folder for the Windows Server Migration Tools on SERVERA, right-click the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin). A Command Prompt window appears.
Why can you not install the Server Migration Tools to the server running Windows Server 2008 R2 using the Add Roles and Features Wizard on your server running Windows Server 2012 R2?
The server versions are not compatible with each other.
15. At the prompt, type cd