A New Joe on the Block
1. What are the top three key decisions faced by Joe?
a. Joe has to decide the best location for his coffee shop
b. Joe needs the understanding of what makes a coffee shop popular
c. Joe needs to know the coffee consumption pattern in United States.
2. What are the deliverables that an outside researcher should produce to help Joe with the Key decision?
An outside research deliverables should be able to provide information either through exploration or descriptive research about key problems faced by his client, “Joe”. The intelligence that resulted from such deliverables should produce information like right location for coffee shops e.g. commercial areas might be more suitable for coffee shops than …show more content…
6. Try to do a quick search to explore the question “Are American consumer preferences the same all across the United States?”
American consumer preferences are not the same all across the country. The level of satisfaction the consumer obtains from various goods and services varies and some consumers are much constrained in their choices because of their income and the price they pay for the goods. (University of Southern Indiana Web Site, 2008)
7. Would it be better for Joe to do the research himself or have a consultant perform the work?
Due to some of the challenges Joe is encountering with the early stages of the research, it will be better for Joe to hire a consultant to perform a feasibility study for him. His 30 years of experience as a market researcher can be best utilize in using the research rather than doing the research himself.
8. If a consultant comes in to do the job, what are the three key deliverables that would likely be important to Joe in making a decision to launch the Cup of Joe coffee shop?
a. Identify what location is good for coffee shop
b. Identify the tops factors that contribute to coffee taste, like the time it was made or temperature
c. Determine how much consumption pattern affects brand awareness.