Multimedia Journalism: Problems & Prospects

8782 words 36 pages
Introduction
News is the abbreviation of the four directions-North, East, West and South, meaning that it covers all the events happening around us. News provides information which enhances knowledge. It is the right of a human being to know what is happening around him/her. Throughout time, the journalism industry has gone through several changes. At the beginning, there were only weekly magazines providing readers with information and knowledge about the society, and then came the daily newspapers which provide all the happenings in our country and abroad. After that came the TV which provided audiences to view as well as listen the news and then came the internet which gave birth to online news allowing people to get news over the
…show more content…
They were given three options- yes, no and don’t know. It was found that 85% of the respondents said that they have access while the rest 15% said that they do not have access to internet. None of the respondents opted “don’t know” option. The question is important because multimedia news is provided on internet and if people do not have access to internet then there is no use of providing news on internet.

Question # 9.What type of news do you watch? When this question was asked to the respondents the response that was received is given below.
Statistics type of news you watch type of news you watch N Valid Missing Mean Median Mode Std. Deviation Variance Minimum Maximum 120 0 6.8500 8.0000 8.00 2.12488 4.515 1.00 9.00 Frequency 5 6 3 5 4 8 8 77 4 120 Percent 4.2 5.0 2.5 4.2 3.3 6.7 6.7 64.2 3.3 100.0 Valid Percent 4.2 5.0 2.5 4.2 3.3 6.7 6.7 64.2 3.3 100.0 Cumulative Percent 4.2 9.2 11.7 15.8 19.2 25.8 32.5 96.7 100.0

Valid

national sports international crime politics business/econo mics lifestyle/fashion/ entertainment all of the above none of the above Total

type of news you watch

70 60 50

Percent

40 30 20 10 0

ts or sp

ft lo al

e im cr

lif

For this question, the options given were national, sports, international, crime, politics, business/economics, lifestyle/entertainment, all of the above and none of the above. The purpose of

Related

  • The Apportionment Problem
    910 words | 4 pages
  • Problems in Foster Care
    1702 words | 7 pages
  • Overcome Social Problem Among Youth
    1164 words | 5 pages
  • Merrill’s Arguments in “the Professionalization of Journalism” Against Professionalizing Journalism
    1682 words | 7 pages
  • A Supply Chain Problem
    1527 words | 7 pages
  • Major Problems
    1093 words | 5 pages
  • Global Prospects and Their Likely Impact on South Africa
    3297 words | 14 pages
  • Comp Problem
    971 words | 4 pages
  • Physics Problems
    1070 words | 5 pages
  • Hold Up Problem
    19253 words | 78 pages