Mkt 421 Final Exam
*There are different variations of this quiz. This one I'm providing is the one that I had to take*
1) Big Fizz Co., a manufacturer of cola-flavored drinks, wants to add packaged fruit juices to its existing product line. Big Fizz must make some decisions regarding packaging and branding of the fruit juices. These decisions would fall under which variable of the marketing mix?
The answer is D
2) Predicting what types of bicycles different customers will want and deciding which of these customers the business will try to satisfy are activities a firm should do as part of
C. A command economy.
D. Making goods or …show more content…
B. develop a formal research project to gather primary data
C. conduct informal discussion with outsiders, including intermediaries, to see if he has correctly defined the problem
D. develop a hypothesis and predict the future behavior of sales
The answer is C
12) The marketing manager at Massimino & McCarthy, a chain of retail stores that sells men's clothing, is reviewing marketing research data to try to determine if changes in marketing strategy are needed. Which of the following sources of data would be a secondary data source?
A. Looking through the company's marketing information system to see past sales trends
B. Reviewing videotapes of a recent focus group
C. Making phone calls to some of the best customers to learn their interest in a new line of clothing
D. Spending time in stores observing customers' behavior
The answer is A
13) Which of the following statements about consumer products is true?
A. Convenience products are those that customers want to buy at the lowest possible price.
B. Shopping products are those products for which customers usually want to use routinized buying behavior.
C. Specialty products are those that customers usually are least willing to search for.
D. Unsought products are not shopped for at all.
The answer is D
14) The attitudes and behavior patterns of consumers making a purchasing decision are part of the
A. political environment
B. social and cultural