1. A value chain is the sequence of activities that begins with raw materials. What result does a value chain end with? Delivery of products or services
2. What happens when an effective value chain is created? Profit margins are increased
3. Industry and market analysis, competitor analysis, and social analysis are examples of which step in the strategic planning process? Analysis of external opportunities and threats
4. Skilled management, positive cash flow, and well-known brands are examples of which component of the SWOT analysis? Strength
5. What denotes skills or expertise in an activity that constitutes the roots of competitiveness in an organization? Core competencies
6. According to Michael …show more content…
32. What is the fourth step of the control process which ensures that operations are adjusted to achieve planned results? Taking corrective action
33.A corporation recently disbanded its flex time schedule for employees and now requires that all employees work 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The employees banded together in opposition of the change. What were the employees of the corporation experiencing? Timing
34. The manager of the human resources department at a corporation agreed to authorize one-hour lunch breaks for all employees of the organization as long as the production manager agreed to shorten the morning and afternoon breaks of all employees to 15 minutes. Which approach were the managers using to enlist cooperation for the change? Negotiation and reward
35. A corporation offers concrete incentives such as higher wages for cooperation with change.
Which strategy is the corporation using to overcome resistance to change? Facilitation and support
36. During a final job interview, the hiring manager asks candidates about age and national origin. Some of the rejected candidates suspect they did not get the job because of their age. Which law covers this type of discrimination? Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
37. After a major budget increase, a company finds itself in a position to hire 50 new employees.
How can strategic