Group 3 Case Analysis: Elegant Furniture Company Using the Seven-Step Case Analysis Format
UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST INDIES CAVE HILL CAMPUS
Executive Diploma in Management
Group 3 Case Analysis:
Elegant Furniture Company using the Seven-Step Case Analysis Format
COURSE: GEMA5100 – Marketing Management
ID Numbers: 00680885 411005098
FACILITATOR: Ms. Candice Warner-Barrow
TABLE OF CONTENTS
|EXECUTIVE SUMMARY | | 2 |
|MISSING INFORMATION AND ASSUMPTIONS | |2 |
|SITUATION ANALYSIS …show more content…
Harper finds himself at the crossroads for the future of the company and its viability to continue as is or adjust to the new market.
MISSING INFORMATION & ASSUMPTIONS
In analyzing the above case we note the below missing information and make the following assumptions in making our assessment and recommendations:
• Is Factory operating at maximum capacity under current production levels? We will assume that despite reduced sales in the last five years production levels are at minimum of eighty percent of maximum capacity recognizing that any major growth will need to be through investment in new machinery or expansion.
• Production is heavily labour associated with minimal automation due to the costs and positioning of the product within the market. This has limited ability to innovate and change designs to meet market demands.
• What percentage of market share did EFC previously have as compared to 2002 as well as the overall size of the market and its sustainability, and how has this affected its financial cash flow and ability to reinvest in the company. We will assume that EFC is able to meet the requirements set out by the Enterprise Growth Fund to gain access to funding.
• The building boom is protracted and will trigger sustainable economic growth in the manufacturing sector warranting investment for the foreseeable future.
• Elegant Furniture Company wants to expand and remain competitive in the