CHCAD401D - ADVOCATE FOR CLIENTS
SECTION 1: ASSIST CLIENTS TO IDENTIFY THEIR RIGHTS AND REPRESENT THEIR OWN NEEDS
Identify 10 rights that you might help a client to identify.
1.To be treated with respect and dignity.
2.To privacy and confidentiality.
3. To involve an advocate of their choice.
4. To information that is accessible, accurate, timely & understandable.
5. To be consulted about needs and preferences, and be involved in decision-making.
6. To express grievances and have them dealt with fairly.
7. To have cultural needs respected.
8. To have one’s needs met in a professional and ethical manner.
9. To give or hold consent to services and/or programs.
10.To withdraw …show more content…
When should phone calls be used to make contact and negotiate with relevant people and agencies?
Why might people from different cultural backgrounds prefer to write letters when making contact with and negotiating with relevant people and agencies?
People from different cultural background prefer to write letters, because, for some people English will be a second language and might be one with which they have very little familiarity. If they want to communicate in written, they can get help from others to write the document which will be authentic. Sometimes they can't explain the legal issues. The written documents will be the proof what they want to say. Some people from different cultural background could have very strong accents which makes it difficult to understand by others.
You are a client who is self-advocating. Write a letter that you might use to make contact and negotiate with relevant people and agencies who can solve your problem. You can choose what issues need to be discussed in the letter. Upload your letter for assessment.
No file submitted
Identify five basic responsibilities that people living in a community should uphold.
Some suggested responsibilities are to: be aware of, and to respect, the rights of others obey