What Is Your Evaluation of the Effectiveness of the U.S. Health Care System in the Context of Delivery, Finance, Management, and/or Sustainability? What Are the Issues That Prompted a Need for Health Care Reform?
873 words 4 pagesWhat is your evaluation of the effectiveness of the U.S. health care system in the context of delivery, finance, management, and/or sustainability? What are the issues that prompted a need for health care reform? Support your answer with a credible data reference. Do not use a reference already used by another student.
Health care reforms is one of the biggest issue for voters. With our aging population, complexity of illness and growing cost of health care, the government need a new approach to delivery of health care system. There is still a large population that are uninsured. There is mounting recognition that our country’s health system is greatly influenced by social determinants, socio-economic status, and environmental …show more content…
• Keeping down family spending on health insurance premiums. Lower premiums for the overall population by 8.4 %.
• Limiting consumer’s annual out of pocket spending.
• Providing health insurance coverage for people who are currently uninsured and reducing cost for everyone. We need to improve health care and lower health care cost.
• Promotes innovative new ways to provide higher quality, better coordinated care to better meet the needs of patients and families, especially those with chronic illnesses.
• Families will be guaranteed more comprehensive health care coverage
• Private health plans and Medicare will cover the full costs of preventive services and immunizations so families can stay healthy without worrying about the expensive copayments or deductibles that now may keep them from getting the care they need
We need to improve the nation’s economic outlook.
• Health care reform proposals are fully paid for and will not add to the national debt.
• To make Medicare a stronger, more sustainable program, extending the program’s solvency to 2026 without cutting Medicare benefits.
Shortell SM, Gillies R, Wu F. (2010). Public Health Reviews. United States innovations in healthcare delivery. 32:190-212. P. J. Cunningham, (2010). "The Growing Financial Burden of Health Care: