Romeo and Juliet guide questions
1. In the Prologue, what does the chorus say will happen to the two lovers?
2. What does Escalus say he will do to anyone who fights in the future?
3. How does Benvolio say the fighting began?
4. According to Benvolio and Mercutio, how has Romeo been acting recently?
5. What remedy does Benvolio suggest for Romeo's problem?
6. In scene 2, what does Capulet tell Paris he will have to do in order to marry Juliet?
7. Why does the servant ask Romeo to read the list of guests who are invited to the party at the
8. What makes Romeo decide to go to the party?
9. In scene 3 we learn that Juliet is how old?
10. What is the nurse's opinion of Paris?
11. How do Romeo and friends plan …show more content…
11. Describe the various fears Juliet has as she gets ready to drink Friar Laurence’s potion.
12. What effect might Capulet’s change of plans have on the Friar’s arrangements?
13. At what time does scene iv occur?
14. How do Capulet, his wife, the nurse, and Paris react when they find Juliet?
15. What does Friar Laurence tell the family?
16. According to Lord Capulet, what will happen now to all the preparations that were made for the wedding?
Romeo and Juliet Study Guide Questions
1. Why is Romeo feeling cheerful at the beginning of scene i?
2. What news does Balthasar bring Romeo?
3. After hearing the news, where does Romeo plan to go?
4. What does the speed with which Romeo makes his decision tell you about his character? 5. How is Friar John prevented from going to Mantua to deliver Friar Laurence’s letter?
6. Why does Paris go to the Capulet tomb?
7. How do you think Paris feels about Juliet?
8. What is Romeo’s real reason for sending Balthasar away from the tomb?
9. Why does Paris think Romeo has come to the tomb?
10. What does Friar Laurence find when he enters the tomb?
11. How does Juliet kill herself?
12. What causes Lady Montague’s death?
13. Who tells the story of the events to the Prince?
14. What does the Prince mean when he says, “All are punished.”
15. At the conclusion of the play, what happens between the