NT1210 Final Exam Review
1. How many bits are in a byte?
2. Electronic devices today use what numbering system?
3. Convert this decimal number to binary: 97
4. Convert this binary number to decimal: 00010000
5. Unlike earlier telecom networks, most modern networks are _____ end-to-end.
6. What is the typical network setup used to access a Web page?
7. What is the piece of hardware that allows a device to physically access a network?
A. A client program
B. A server …show more content…
B. frequency design
C. site survey
D. floor plan
5. What layer of the TCP/IP model do routers belong in?
A. Layer 1
B. Layer 2
C. Layer 3
D. Layer 4
6. Which physical topology is represented by the graphic?
7. IPv4 has a theoretical total of around 4 billion (4 x109) IP addresses and uses a _____ address.
8. Which of the following is a purpose of subnetting a network?
A. It allows a single IP network to be split into multiple smaller groups of addresses.
B. It allows routers to better understand IP addresses of packets that pass through them.
C. It allows Telco switches to move frames through a WAN network over leased lines.
D. It allows hosts on LANs to dynamically obtain IP addresses as they access the network.
9. Convert this binary number to decimal: 00101011.
10. Which of the following is designed to specifically manage computer peripheral devices?
A. Operating system
B. Device drivers
C. Modem software
D. Parallel cabling
11. What is a networking standard?
A. The details of what a networking technology does and how it does it
B. A high-level overview of how one networking technology functions with another
C. A list of vendors who develop devices for a specific networking technology
D. A description of how websites, WAN, and LAN technologies function together
12. Why is the TCP/IP model