Weight Loss and Hypnosis
Ms. …show more content…
E personality, modality, and specific goals. During this initial consultation I would establish what Ms. E goals are, and in this case, Miss E wishes to lose 2 ½ stone and hopes to have lost this in three months time before she goes on holiday.
It is recommended to lose weight at 1 to 2 lbs per week, and this time frame for Ms. E to lose 2 ½ stone would not be realistic. In terms of Miss E’s goal weight loss, this would mean a time frame of just over four months rather than the three that she is hoping for. As this is not realistic and achievable, as her hypnotherapist, I would have explain to Ms. E in order to eliminate any false hope and expectations that she may hold towards the effects of hypnotherapy. This will help and avoid potential feelings of disappointment or failure when the weight loss is not achieved in the desired time-frame.
The first step in assessment was for Ms E to complete the consultation form. During this process I established the following:
• She does not take any prescription medication
• She is currently not receiving any form of counselling or psychiatric treatment
• She does not have a long term illness
• She has not tried any other therapy, lifestyle or attitude changes prior to this
• She has not been hypnotised or used hypnotherapy as a weight loss tool in the past
Having assessed Ms. E, I came to a conclusion that despite the weight problem, she has