NT1230 Chapter 7 Questions
1. A user of a home telephone picks up her phone and makes a telephone call to a friend’s home telephone in another part of town. Which of the following is likely to be true about this call?
A. It uses a single pair of wires on the local loop at each end of the call
2. Which of the following are services that telcos have offered as WAN services over the years?
A. Switched analog circuits
B. Dedicated digital circuits
3. This chapter claims that IP routers work well as devices that connect to many different types of interfaces, including LANs and WANs. Which of the following answers list the reasons why routers do well in this role?
A. Routers have much faster CPUs and can do the hard work to …show more content…
B. The physical line between the telco CO and site B uses a line speed of 1.2544 Mbps
12. A telco customer orders a leased line between sites A and B, with requested speed of 512 Kbps. The customer plans to use an external CSU/DSU at each site. The telco uses only T-carrier technology and none of the more modern options like SONET, ATM, MPLS, or Metro Ethernet. Which of the following answers is true about the speeds used between the router and the CSU/DSU?
A. THe CSU/DSU controls the router's sending and receiving speeds using clocking
13. Which of the following answers are true about DS1 framing and channels?
A. Each frame has 193 bits
C. The frame groups 8 bits together for each of 24 channels, plus overhead
14. Which of the following data-link protocols was created to be used on leased lines, with support for multiple Layer 3 protocols by including a Type field that identifies the type of packet inside the data-link frame?
15. Which fields that exist in both the HDLC and PPP headers have such relatively small use in point-to-point leased lines today, to the point that the PPP standards actually allows the nodes to simply not bother to include these fields when sending PPP frames?
16. Think about the differences in a circuit