MIS (Management Information Systems)
Multiple Choice, True/False, & Short Essay Questions
This exam is worth 100 points. You have 1 week to complete this exam. Submit your file through the course website until April 26 (11:59 PM). Please note that late submission is not acceptable. There are three parts to this exam: Multiple choice, True/False, and short essay questions. This is an open book exam – you can use your text books/notes/Internet during the exam (Don’t forget the references).
Name:____________________ Student ID: _________________
Part I: Multiple Choice Questions (20 points)
1) The six important business objectives of information technology are new products, services, and business …show more content…
20) The emergence, for Amazon.com, of new competitors in the sphere of online shopping illustrates what disadvantage posed by the use of information systems to achieve competitive advantage? A) E-commerce is affected by the law of diminishing returns. B) Internet technologies are universal, and therefore usable by all companies. C) Internet shopping produces cost transparency. D) The Internet enables the production or sales of substitute products or services.
21) Place the following eras of IT infrastructure evolution in order, from earliest to most recent: (1) Cloud Computing Era (2) Client/Server, (3) Enterprise Era, (4) Personal Computer, and (5) Mainframe and Minicomputer. A) 4, 5, 3, 2, 1 B) 5, 4, 2, 3, 1 C) 4, 5, 2, 3, 1 D) 5, 4, 2, 1, 3
22) Interpretations of Moore's law assert that: A) computing power doubles every 18 months. B) transistors decrease in size 50% every two years. C) data storage costs decrease by 50% every 18 months. D) none of the above.
23) Which of the following factors provides an understanding of why computing resources today are ever more available than in previous decades? A) network economics B) law of mass digital storage and Moore's law C) declining