Mis Laudon 12th Ed Chapter 5 Answer
Foundations of Business Intelligence: Database and
Student Learning Objectives
1. How does a relational database organize data, and how does it differ from an object-oriented database?
2. What are the principles of a database management system?
3. What are the principal tools and technologies for accessing information from databases to improve business performance and decision making?
4. What is the role of information policy and data administration in the management of organizational data resources?
5. Why is data quality assurance so important for a business?
5.1 The Database Approach to Data Management
Entities and Attributes Organizing Data in a Relational Database …show more content…
The concept of using databases stored in cloud computing data centers is introduced in this section and piggybacks on cloud computing concepts introduced in Chapter 4.
Section 5.3, “Using Databases to Improve Business Performance and Decision Making” This section focuses on how data technologies are actually used: data warehouses, data marts, business intelligence, multidimensional data analysis, and data mining. Regardless of their career choice, students will probably use some or all of these in their jobs. For example, data warehouses and data marts are important to many business functions. They are critical for those who want to use data mining