MGT 320 Mastery Exercises
1. It is normally wise to represent yourself in court if you have some form of legal background.
2. Standing is a statutory requirement that Congress can eliminate
3. Requiring a defendant to pay a portion of his or her wages to satisfy a judgment is called _________.
4. A peremptory challenge can be used to remove a juror based on gender
5. The only unelected branch of government is which is the following?
6. An attorney may reveal a client’s secrets after the client’s death.
7. Business executives are exempt from jury duty if it interferes with their jobs
8. Res judicata prevents the relitigation of issues and claims already fully …show more content…
3. This defense is used when a contract contains markedly unfair terms against the party with less bargaining power or sophistication than the party who created the terms and induced the other party to sign it
4. In common law, ______ creates the power of acceptance in another party and includes the agreement’s essential elements, which must be definite and certain
5. ______ is a type of equitable remedy that may be imposed on parties to avoid injustice, when one party detrimentally relied on another party’s promise
a. Promissory estoppel
6. In common-law contract formation, a _______ voidable contract refers to the status of a contract that may be terminated due to some defect
7. A mandatory arbitration clause is very common in employment contracts
8. Which of the following together form mutual assent?
a. Offer and acceptance
9. The Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) article 2 ________
a. Governs contracts between a merchant and the sale of goods
10. In common-law contracts, the acceptance must be a _____ of the offer to constitute valid acceptance
a. Mirror image
11. Casual sellers are also considered merchants for purposes of application of the Uniform Commercial Code.
12. Quasi-contract _______.
a. Is a type of equitable remedy that may be imposed on parties to avoid unjust enrichment to one part at the expense of the other