Food Hygiene Revision
3124 words 13 pages1. When handling food, jewellery should be;
a. kept in good repair
b. worn only for low risk jobs
c. left at home or in your locker
d. removed at peak times
2. If the temperature of frozen fish is 1°C on delivery, what action should you take?
a. Put the fish straight into the freezer
b. Refuse to accept the delivery
c. Fully defrost and cook the fish
d. Cook the fish and serve the same day
3. Which of the following is most important when using disinfectants?
a. follow the manufacturer’s instructions
b. store in plastic containers
c. mix with hot water
d. top up with concentrate
4. It is a legal requirement for an employer to provide which one of the following in a food preparation area?
a. a staff room
b. hand washing facilities
c. …show more content…
Which of the following are common food pests in catering businesses?
a. mice and flies
b. sparrows and badgers
c. rats and snails
d. spiders and pigeons
29. A food handler must inform his supervisor or manager if he is suffering from;
d. heat rash
30. Which of the following is most likely to cause biological cross-contamination?
a. using high-risk foods within their use-by date
b. placing covered ready-to-eat foods and raw foods in the same fridge
c. using the same knife to cut raw chicken and then cooked ham
d. storing raw chicken in a covered container at the bottom of the fridge
31. What is the recommended delivery temperature of chilled foods?
32. Who is responsible for enforcing food safety legislation in catering premises?
a. the local police
b. the business operator
c. the head chef
d. the local authority
33. A common method of food preservation is;
c. keeping it covered
d. placing it in a container
34. Which of the following is a critical control point when preparing a lamb stew?
a. the delivery temperature of the lamb
b. the fridge temperature where the lamb is stored before cooking
c. the temperature when the vegetables are added to the stew
d. the final cooking temperature of the stew
35. What is the minimum time/temperature combination required to destroy most bacteria?
a. 70°C for two minutes
b. 60°C for one minute