Different Learning Styles of Sophomore Nursing Students of Sbc
THE PROBLEM AND ITS BACKGROUND
Introduction Learning varies on each and everyone. Individuals can perceive and process information in different kinds of ways, which implies that the degree to which individuals learn has as much as to do with whether the learning experience is geared to their style of learning. Some of the individuals learn and develop easily in the early stage, while others are not. For some time now educational research exploring the issue of academic achievement or success has extended beyond simple issues of intelligence and prior academic achievement. One concept in particular which has provided some valuable insights into learning both academic and other settings is learning style. There is …show more content…
Statement of the Problem This study aims to determine the different learning styles of sophomore nursing student, and how it significantly influences their academic performance.
Specifically, it seeks to answer the following questions:
1. What is the demographic profile of the respondents? 1.1 Age 1.2 Gender 1.3 Year and Section
2. What is the preferred learning style of the students, with comparison of sections 2-ACN and 2-BCN, among the following learning preferences: a. Visual b. Aural c. Read/Write d. Kinesthetic
3. What is the overall performance of sophomore nursing students based on their GPA last S.Y 2009 - 2010?
4. Is there a significant difference in the students’ learning style in relation to their overall academic performance?
5. Is there a significant correlation between the students’ preferred learning style and their overall academic performance?
Ho: There is no significant difference between the students’ preferred learning style and their GPA grade last S.Y 2009 – 2010. Ho2: There is no significant correlation between Visual and Academic Performance,