DBQ for AP US History
1. Why was the French Empire ultimately so much less successful than either the Spanish or the British Empires?
The French were less successful then both the Spanish and the British because they were late to jump to the gun on the race to claim land in the new world, by time the French stared colonizing the new world the British had already settled on the east coast, and the Spanish in south America, so basically they had to take what is now known as Canada by default, because that is all that was left.
2. If France, instead of Britain, had won the “duel for North America,” would the thirteen colonies ever have become independent of Britain, or would they have been forced to stay within the …show more content…
Chapter 8: America Secedes from the Empire
1. What was radical and new in the Declaration of Independence and what was old and traditional? What did statements like “all men are created equal” mean in their historical context and what did they come to mean later? At the time yes, the declaration of independence basically said we want to break away from England and take the land we had colonized for ourselves and call it America, they wanted to affiliation with England and wanted to govern themselves
2. Was military strategy or politics the key to American victory in the war? How did the two coincide?
Defiantly the military strength of General George Washington, George Washington led the Americans to victory, he knew when to attack, when to retreat, were to setup ambushes, where to setup defendable camps and everything in-between. Politics and military strategy go hand in hand because you have to spend x amount of money on the military
3. Did the Loyalists deserve to be persecuted and driven out of the country? What difference does it make to