“Apple Computer, Inc.: Think Different, Think Online Music”
Based on the background of “the era of the Digital lifestyle”, iTunes 3 target customers are;
Stakeholder Stake in the project Potential impact on Project Growth percentage of online distribution Perceived attitudes and/or risks
12 – 24 years Downloaded an average of 12 tunes per month, housing libraries between 25 to more than 300,000 songs from the internet High 59% • Unlimited library of songs and videos by genre, artist and album
• Software design is attractive and easy to use
• Sound in industry standard Dolby Advanced Audio, allowing CD quality sound
• Better data compression allowing users to store more files more quickly
• There was no subscription fee but songs were not free
• The teens …show more content…
- A much larger selection of music - The Music industry could develop copyright issues at any given time, thus legal issues with RIAA
- The song list is limited to about 200,000.
The other external organization/ stakeholder that could affect whether iTunes succeeds are;
- Government e.g. if it introduces by laws regulating the use of ecommerce or internet based stores.
- Suppliers e.g. The 5 music distributors decide to discontinue the sale of their license, not to grant exclusive distribution, increase their price cost of the license.
- Recording Industry Association of America with continuous threats of copyright issues.
- Lobby groups; airing concerns on explicit music and video content that is exposed/ accessible to children and teenagers (12 – 24 years, market segment). The action of the following people can affect the perception of consumers at the media level and as a result, the Apple brand is compromised. 2. Positioning Map of iTunes
3. ITunes Marketing Mix
Brand • ITunes is a product from the Apple Brand. Apple is a major player in digital integration.
Appearance • Attractive and user friendly interface as show in Exhibit 7.
Quality • The quality of the songs is industry-standard Dolby Advanced Audio coding format producing CD quality sound.