5 Forces Model of Verizon
1. Introduction & Main Products 2
2. Main Competitors 6
3. Five Forces Analysis 7
4. PEST Analysis 10
5. SWOT Analysis 12
6. Generic Strategy 14
7. Growth Strategy 14
8. Product Strategy 15
9. Partnership Strategy 15
10. Reference List 16 Introduction and Main Products
“Verizon Communications Inc. (Verizon) is one of the world’s leading providers of communications services. Verizon’s wireline business, which includes the operations of the former MCI, provides telephone services, including voice, broadband data and video services, network access, nationwide long-distance and other communications products and services, and also owns …show more content…
• This factor affects the purchasing power of consumers and the Verizon’s cost of capital.
• Cultural and demographics of the environment would affect the customer’s needs as well as potential market size.
• This can lower barriers to entry, improve production efficiency and influence outsourcing decisions.
Political Economical Social Technology
Stability of the internal/external political environment Economic growth Population growth rate Automation
Trading agreements Interest rates Age distribution Technology incentives employment laws Inflation rate Career attitudes Rate of technological change environmental regulations Budget allocation Perception of technological change within the unit
Trade restrictions and tariffs The level of inflation
Political stability Employment level per capita
Strength – Is defined as a firm’s ability to use its resources and capabilities to develop a competitive advantage over competitors.
Weakness – Is defined as strengths that a firm is lacking.
Opportunities – New opportunities for profit and growth can be found in the external environment.